As a founding partner of Camden & Meridew, P.C., Julie A. Camden has established a reputation as an Indianapolis litigation lawyer highly respected by clients and peers in a variety of practice areas. Possessing the skilled advocacy needed to successfully present a case to a jury or judge, she has successfully litigated numerous tax, family law, automobile, bad checks, mortgage foreclosure defense, and debt settlement cases.
Julie A. Camden Wields the Skills You Need in Your Indianapolis Litigation Lawyer
When you need an Indianapolis litigation lawyer to help you navigate the trial process, you can count on Julie Camden to capably fight for your rights. Julie is licensed to practice law in Indiana, Illinois, Florida, and Michigan, operating from her office in the near northside of Indianapolis. Her enviable skillset includes an attention to detail and ability to make sense of highly technical legal matters such as found in bankruptcy and tax cases as well as keen negotiation and trial skills in furtherance of her clients’ best interests in consumer debt, family law, and personal injury matters.
A Leading Indiana Personal Financial Attorney
If you are struggling with financial matters, can’t pay your bills as they come due, or have creditors breathing down your neck, you have options. An experienced Indiana debt settlement attorney, Julie Camden can help protect you from creditors and help you take control of your bills. From negotiating debt settlement with creditors to mortgage foreclosure defense, Julie helps protect client rights so they can work toward a more solid financial position.
Or if you need a fresh start through bankruptcy, Julie is your go-to Carmel Fishers bankruptcy lawyer, who will guide you through the complicated bankruptcy process. Whether she is negotiating a fair settlement or battling it out in court, Julie is very driven to resolve consumer law cases as quickly as possible while keeping the client’s best interests paramount.
When You Need an Indiana Tax Lawyer
Going through an audit and dealing with the IRS or the Indiana Department of Revenue can be scary, intimidating, and stressful. The federal and state tax codes are incredibly complex, a situation compounded by ever-changing tax laws. Julie is an experienced tax attorney who can help you navigate IRS and state tax troubles as well as provide solid tax advice to help you resolve tax problems before they arise.
A Tenacious Indianapolis Family Law Attorney
Julie understands that sometimes the only way to resolve marital issues is through a full-blown trial, but she is also a skilled negotiator who can help you reach a reasonable resolution while maintaining a civil family relationship. She is also seasoned in handling custody and support matters along with other family law issues for her clients in the Indianapolis area and statewide.
Every family law case is different, and Julie has the experience to help identify unique issues and offer advice on when a case can be settlement or trial is in the client’s best interest.
More About Julie Camden
Julie is proud to be named a Platinum Client Champion by Martindale-Hubbell in 2019 and 2020. She is also honored as a Top Rated Tax Attorney in Fishers, Indiana by Super Lawyers and received a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished Peer Rating in 2019.
Julie is married to Steve, and their family includes a daughter named Rochelle, a son Blake, a daughter-in-law Tiffany, two grandchildren, and two step-children, Claire and Chris.
In Julie’s spare time, she enjoys laying tile (and most types of construction work), bowling, and helping children. She currently volunteers as guardian ad litem for Kids’ Voice of Indiana, and she has hosted seven exchange students from Germany, Finland, Denmark, and Switzerland.
Contact the Indianapolis Litigation Lawyer Who Puts You First
When you need legal advice or representation for litigation or personal matters, Indianapolis litigation lawyer Julie A. Camden of Camden & Meridew, P.C. will use her skill and experience to protect you and your legal rights. Reach out to schedule a consultation by calling 317-770-0000, or complete the firm’s online contact form.
Areas of Practice
- Family law
- Michigan State University College of Law (Juris Doctor, 2006)
- Butler University (B.S. in Computer Science)
- One of three individuals having a 3.75 GPA at commencement
- Ball State University (Architectural Student on the Presidential Scholarship)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Indiana Supreme Court
- Illinois Supreme Court
- Florida Supreme Court
- Michigan Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Family Law Section
- GP, Solo, and Small Firm Section
Honors & Achievements
- First Place Nationally in the American Bar Association’s “Tax Challenge”
- Full scholarship to Ball State University’s Architectural School
- Dean’s List and Honor Roll in both undergraduate and Law School
Community Affiliations and Involvement
- National Conference of Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA)
- Kids Voice of Indiana, Guardian Ad Litem Volunteer
- Indianapolis Children’s Choir, Volunteer (2003 to 2008)
- Marion Superior Court, Judge Pro Tempore
- Better Business Bureau, Member (1998 to 2005)
- National Independent Auto Dealers Association Member 1998 to 2005
- Indiana Independent Auto Dealers Association Member 2000 to 2005
Publications & Lectures
- Butler University, Lecturer (1998 to 2005), “Automobile buying and Leasing for Graduating Seniors”
- Published in the Lansing Bar Journal, “Tax Consequences of the Mileage Deduction with the IRS”