Matt is an experienced trial attorney who has tried more than 25 jury trials and countless bench trials involving a wide variety of subject matters in courts across Indiana. Matt is skilled in developing and presenting the right evidence to the judge or jury in a manner to achieve the best results for his client.
Matt is a former prosecutor who distinguished himself by prosecuting the hard cases that many prosecutors try to avoid. Matt has tried, and won, criminal cases involving sex crimes and sex offender registration violations, white collar crimes, child fatalities, and homicides. Matt has also trained prosecutors and securities regulators from across North America in trial and deposition techniques.
Now, as an attorney in private practice, Matt has used his trial experience in a wide variety of subject areas including business law, family law, criminal defense and cases that cross those lines. Family law cases often involve criminal law issues. Business law cases often involve claims under the Indiana Crime Victim Relief Act. Financial advisors, insurance producers, and investors may all find themselves in situations involving both regulatory and criminal issues. Matt is an attorney who works across these lines to deliver results.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Matt graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point and became an officer in the U.S. Army who served in positions including tank platoon leader, company executive officer, brigade assistant operations officer, task force logistics officer, and public affairs officer. Matt deployed to Kosovo in 1999 and Iraq in 2003 and 2005.
Matt lives in Fishers with his wife Heather and their three sons. Matt enjoys spending his free time running, cycling, making his own wine and beer, or watching his boys play soccer.
- University of Toledo College of Law, J.D. (Cum Laude)
- United States Military Academy at West Point, B.S. (Dean’s List)
- Southern District of Indiana Federal Court
- Indiana Supreme Court
- Indiana Court of Appeals
- Indiana Circuit, Superior and City Courts
Honors and Achievements
- Prevail Hero of the Month, July 2014
- Associate Member, University of Toledo Law Review, 2007-2008
- Awarded the Bronze Star
- 3rd Place in the Male 25-29 Age Group in the Pikes Peak Triple Crown of Running, 2004
- Twice earned a “Distinguished” score on Tank Table VIII
- Graduate of Airborne school and Air Assault school
Publications & Lectures
- Instructor for the North American Securities Administrators Association Advanced Litigation and Deposition Training programs.
- Appeared in “$cammed: Investment Fraud Revealed”
- Presented “Avoiding Prosecutorial Misconduct at Trial” (CLE)
- Presented “Reporters are People too: The Indiana Access to Public Records Act and Media Relations” (CLE)
- Published in the University of Toledo Law Review “Civilian Contractors: Forgotten Veterans of the War on Terror”
- Project officer and appeared in “Iraq Confidential with Jesse James”