Actions for Child Support
- Each petition in a child support action must be verified and captioned as “In Re the support of ________.” 
- Each petition must state the relationship and present residence of the parties, as well as the name and addresses of each child under 19 years of age, and/or each incapacitated child of the marriage, along with the relief sought.
Child Support Orders in General
- There are several relevant factors regarding the amount of child support either parent may need to pay. These factors include:
- Financial resources of the custodial parent;
- The standard of living the child would have continued enjoying;
- The child’s educational needs;
- The child’s physical and mental condition; and
- The financial resources of the noncustodial parent.
- Generally, child support orders can be modified if there has been a substantial and continual change in circumstances so as to make the child support order terms unreasonable.
- This link provides for the Indiana Rules of Court for Child Support Rules and Guidelines, which was adopted in 1989 and amended in 2010. http://www.in.gov/judiciary/rules/child_support/index.html
 I.C. § 31-16-2-3
 I.C. § 31-16-2-4(1)-(2).
 I.C. § 31-16-6-1(a)(1)-(4).
 I.C. § 31-16-8-1(a)-(c).